«Fostering socioeconomic innovation through research, methodological experimentation and action for a commons oriented society»
Action oriented: Oriented to impact action and advance change in the resolution of social challenges and taking advances of societies opportunities.
- Research to inform and improve the design of organizational processes, economic models, policies, legal issues and technology.
- Economic impact of research, favouring the exploration of results and a system transition towards an economy that puts people in the center.
- Promoting an empowering and sustainable relation with technology.
Research excellence and quality: High research performance, talent, and rigor.
Transdisciplinary to tackle challenges from diverse perspectives.
- Mission oriented research more than method or disciplinary oriented.
- Considering socioeconomic, gender, environmental perspectives.
Methodological pluralism and experimentation (intensive use of cocreation, collaborative, visual and data oriented methods). Research management innovation: exploring agile methods, mutual care and gender dynamics.
- Lean approach, reproducibility and multi targets communication.
- 100% publications in open access.
- Publication of open data and research toolkits.
Transparency: Public, transparent and accountable processes regarding partners, impact and sources of funding.
Knowledge cocreation: Openness as part of a cocreation ecosystem (versus closed group “Ivory tower style”).
- Favoring an ecosystem of plural modes of engagement.
- Intense efforrt dedicated to disseminate and create relations and feed community building (meetings, collaborations, events).
- Collaborations with civil society, policy makers, economic actors and other research institutions.
Glocal: Global and local alliances, perspective and links to Barcelona, Catalonia and internationally.